It is open until April 30, 2021, the call for papers for the thematic
issue «The multiple dimensions of magazine Journalism” to be published
in Animus – Inter-American Journal of Media Communication (ISSN
2175-4977), a publication of the Postgraduate in Communication from UFSM
– Federal University of Santa Maria (POSCOM / UFSM), Brazil. Manuscripts
must be written in Portuguese, Spanish or English with a length between
30 and 45 thousand characters, to be considered for peer-review. The
thematic issue will be published in the last trimester of 2021. This CFP
aims to bring debates and reflections about news production in the
magazine support, whether in physical or digital structure, through
contributions from researchers in Social and Human Sciences, such as
Communication, Journalism, Media Studies, History, Sociology, Cultural Studies, among others.
Contributions that address the following themes are encouraged:
· Magazine journalism in the digital environment / cybermagazine
· Migration from the printed to the digital environment;
· Magazine production processes;
· History of the magazine journalism;
· Concept of magazine journalism;
· Magazine readers’ engagement;
· Magazine covers;
· Challenges related to magazines covering specific topics
(economics, politics, arts, etc.);
· Image emphasis on magazine journalism;
· Research on magazines narratives and discourses.
Guest Editors: Ivan Bomfim (UEPG, Brazil), Dora Santos-Silva (NOVA
FCSH, Portugal) and Camila Hartmann (UFSM, Brazil)
Deadline for full article submissions: 30th April 2021.
No payment from the authors will be required.