The Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile is inviting interested candidates to apply for three tenure-track positions at the levels of Assistant or Associate Professor. The successful applicants will become part of a project in Applied Ethics that the university is currently developing, although initially these positions will be affiliated to one of the schools involved in this initiative. Applicants should demonstrate the ability to develop and sustain an independent career in teaching and research in any area of applied ethics, including but not limited to: communication, technology, business, environment, territory, development, social and public ethics, and animal ethics.
– PhD (completed or graduation in process) in applied ethics, or related areas. – Experience developing independent and interdisciplinary research.
– International publications in applied ethics.
– Teaching experience relevant to the stage of their careers
– Proficiency in Spanish and English
– Identification with the principles and mission of the Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile.
– Academic trajectory and quality of research.
– Academic references.
– Potential to develop interdisciplinary teaching and research.
– Selected candidates should be available to give a class, a research seminar, and to participate in an interview with the selection committee. These activities will be online.
Application materials (PDF format in either Spanish or English):
1. Research statement (2 pages): candidates are asked to describe their research aims in the short and long term, and to indicate potential collaborative networks in Chile and other countries.
2. Teaching statement (2 pages): candidates are asked to describe their teaching experience as well as to project future contributions in this area.
3. Curriculum Vitae, organized in the following format:
i. Personal information: name, e-mail address and webpage (if available).
ii. Education: list of academic and professional degrees, indicating the granting institutions and their dates (please attach academic certificates).
a. Full list of publications (WOS, SCOPUS, and others), book chapters, and books. Among them highlight the three most relevant to applied ethics, and upload PDF copies of the same.
b. Participation in research projects
c. Teaching experience, indicating the institution, course, and nature of the participation (primary instructor, teaching assistant, etc.).
d. Other: funding and grants, awards and honors, language proficiency, computer skills, and any other information that may be deemed relevant.
4. Three letters of recommendation submitted directly by the remittent.
Applicants should send all application materials to Prof. Juan Larraín, (email@example.com). Recommendation letters should be submitted directly by the remittent to the same address. Deadline for Applications: June 30th, 2021 at 17:00 hrs.